Platforms (Available Now):
- Windows (digital + retail)
- Linux (digital)
- Mac (digital)
- Xbox One (digital)
- PlayStation 4 (digital + retail)
- PlayStation Vita (digital)
Platforms (Coming Soon):
- Wii U
2D Sidescrolling RPG
Early Access: 14th August 2014
Win/Mac/Linux (digital): 7th May 2015
Win (retail): 8th July 2016
PS4 (digital + retail): 8th July 2016
Xbox One (digital): 8th July 2016
PS Vita (digital): 20th December 2016
Wii U: 2017
- Game Developer Session 2013 (CZ)
- EGX Rezzed 2014 (UK)
- IndieVelopment 2014(NL)
- Anifilm / Gameday 2014 (CZ)
- Gamescom 2014 (GE)
- FOR GAMES 2014 (CZ)
- Poznan Game Arena 2014 (PL)
- GDC Next 2014 - MIX Showcase (USA)
- Game Developer Session 2014 (CZ)
- EGX Rezzed 2015 (UK)
- Anifilm / Gameday 2015 (CZ)
- Madrid Games Week 2015 (ES)
- Game Developer Session 2015 (CZ)
- Anifilm / Gameday 2016 (CZ)
- Casual Connect 2017 - The Indie Prize Showcase (GE)
- BEST OF 2015 - The best Czech and Slovak game
- Czech Game of the Year 2014 - Artistic Contribution Award
- GDC Next, 2014 MIX Showcase
- Indie MEGABOOTH Showcase
DescriptionDex is a 2D action RPG set in a cyberpunk open-world, with a focus on exploration and non-linear gameplay.
- Rare blend of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions combined with hand-drawn characters, animations, and environments, arcade-style melee combat, and an original conception of cyberspace.
- Multiple paths: Operate in physical reality or in Cyberspace. Overcome obstacles using your skills, weapons, augmentations…
- Meaningful character building: Will you be a silent assassin, a hacker, or a straightforward gunfighter? Improve your character and gear to unlock gameplay-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your gameplay style.
- Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and then return back to your body in a fraction of a real-time second to see the results – deactivated turrets, overloaded devices, enemies with crippled implants…
- Neo-cyberpunk: Story deeply inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors, flavored with a contemporary concept of augmented reality.
- Rich game world and diverse level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime, a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, run-down shantytowns, and seedy red-light districts. Take part in street brawls, steal corporate data, overcome environmental hazards, and, of course, stay alive – no easy task.
- Localizations: Dex is available in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Hungarian and Czech language.
- Full voice acting: Interactive dialogues using hand-drawn sprite animations, fully voice-acted by professional actors.
- Manual saves
- Revamped AR / Cyberspace
- Brand new user interface and menus
- Improved enemy AI and hand-to-hand combat
- Localization in French, German, Czech and Hungarian
- And many more
Free DLC: Extra Outfits
- The BattleRig, a combat armor designed to allow Dex to deflect enemy bullets thanks its reinforced titanium arms.
- The Cyberwear, which grants the wearer enhanced cogitive abilities, perfect to maintain focus during extensive hacking sessions.
- The InvisiSuit, which lets Dex blend with her surroundings and become virtually invisible, should stealth be your preferred approach.
There are far more images available for Dex (PC), but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
There are far more artwoks available for Dex (PC), but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy of Dex
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
We are an independent creative team situated in Prague, Czech Republic. The studio was founded in 2011 as a collective of seasoned game industry professionals from various Czech companies. Our portfolio includes a vast number of contract projects, augmented reality applications, and an award-winning mobile puzzle game, Rune Legend.